Intermediate Level Spanish
1 session of 1.5 hours weekly
The aims of the syllabus include:
- encouraging the development of basic linguistic and general study skills to promote the ability to read understand, speak and write basic Spanish.
- Acquiring basic linguistic and intellectual abilities for realistic and worthwhile objectives either through further studies or through practical use.
- stimulating in an enjoyable way candidates' interest in basic aspects of Spain and Spanish speaking countries, particularly concerning contemporary society, cultural background and heritage.
- an appreciation of a wide spectrum of aspects and schools of psychology;
- an ability to learn from research and be familiar with research methods;
- an opportunity to learn from observation, application and experience;
- foster a culture of reflection both on inner process and attitude in relation to self and others.
The Spanish Intermediate Level course includes:
- articles (definite, indefinite, and neuter).
- nouns and adjectives (gender and number).
- pronouns (relative, possessive, demonstrative, etc.).
- verbs: regular and common irregular verbs in the indicative; all forms and common
- uses of the subjunctive; radical-changing verbs; reflexive verbs; impersonal verbs;
- passive voice; imperative; gerund; past participle; infinitive.
- adverbs, conjunctions and prepositions.
- common idioms.
- main clauses; subordinate clauses and indirect speech.
(Based on the Matsec Syllabus Spanish Intermediate Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here): http://www.um.edu.mt/matsec
To apply for Spanish Intermediate Level course call 21227799 or email us for more information.