The aim of this course is to:
- Encourage confidence, enjoyment and satisfaction through the development and use of Mathematics. Develop an awareness of the relevance of Mathematics to other fields of study and of work.
- Enable students to formulate a mathematical representation of a real life situation.
- Enable students to use appropriate technology such as computers and calculators as a mathematical tool.
- ·Enable students to develop abilities to reason logically and to construct mathematical proofs.
The Pure Mathematics Intermediate Examination is made up of one paper. The content includes:
- Plane Cartesian coordinates.
- Simple counting problems involving permutations and combinations.
- Arithmetic series, finite and infinite geometric series
- Polynomials, rational functions, the factor and remainder theorems.
- The derivative as a limit.
- Integration as the limit of a sum and as the inverse of differentiation.
- First order differential equations with separable variables.
(Matsec Syllabus Pure Mathematics Intermediate Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here):
To apply for the Pure Maths Intermediate Resit course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.