1 session of 2 hours weekly
Some of the aims of the syllabus include:
- to increase the candidates' knowledge and understanding of the changing physical, social, emotional, intellectual and aesthetic needs of people throughout their life cycle.
- to develop the ability to communicate, share, make informed decisions to enhance positive family values.
- to develop the knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes necessary to meet nutritional recommendations and healthy lifestyles.
- to develop the knowledge and competencies required for the effective and safe organisation and management of relevant resources.
- to develop the qualities of sensitivity and aesthetic appreciation needed to create and maintain a healthy and pleasing environment.
- to create a sensitive caring attitude and to foster a concern for the general environment so as to enable candidates to choose and use consumer goods carefully, thus contributing towards the conservation of the environment.
- to instil the need for a critical assessment of consumer goods, an awareness of advertising pressures and a knowledge of consumer rights and responsibilities.
- to foster a critical and analytical approach to decision making and problem solving.
The Home Economics O’ Level course includes:
- The Family, Home and Society
- Food, Nutrition and Health
With research options in:
- Food Preparation and Technology
- Hospitality Services
- Child Development
- Care of the Elderly
(Based on the Matsec Syllabus Home Economics O Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here): http://www.um.edu.mt/matsec
To apply for Home Economics O Level course call 21227799 or email us for more information.