1/2/3 sessions of 2 hours weekly
The aim of this course is to:
- promote competence in the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing; competence in this context should be interpreted as referring to the ability of using the language fluently, accurately and appropriately;
- foster the development of English in the national and wider context and cultivate the skills needed for further study, work and leisure;
- encourage methods of learning and teaching which help learners build up the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to become more independent in thought and action.
The course content includes:
- Days of the week/months/years (eg: decades, the nougthies, etc.)
- Colours and the weather
- The Article + Countable and Uncountable Nouns
- Distinguishing between nouns/pronouns/verbs
- Distinguishing (2) between nouns/pronouns/verbs/ singular/plural
- Relative clauses (who, where, whose, etc) + Punctuation techniques
- Basic expressions used when greeting people, describing events, etc.
- Phonics (pronunciation: ch/sh/th/ etc.)
- Listening exercises (newspaper report, diary, etc)
- Introduction to verb tenses (past, present, future) + Negative forms
More Advanced Material:
- Adjectives + Comparatives and Superlatives
- Analysing emails/reading letters
- Replying to an email
- Modal verbs
- Words of quantity (some/any/much/little etc)
- Reading/speaking/listening and writing sessions
After grasping this required knowledge students are promoted to an O Level class.
To apply for the English Practice course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.