The aim of this course is to:
- promote competence in the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing; competence in this context should be interpreted as referring to the ability of using the language fluently, accurately and appropriately
- ensure that candidates achieve a level of competence which reflects the position English occupies in the Maltese educational system
- foster the development of English in the national and wider context
- foster the development of language skills needed for further study, work and leisure
- encourage methods of learning and teaching which help learners build up the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to become more independent in thought and action.
The English O Level Examination is made up of two papers and an oral examination. The content includes:
- Listening and Speaking
- Writing Task
- Reading Comprehension
- Language Excercises
(Matsec Syllabus English O Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here):
To apply for the English O Level Resit course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.