The aim of this course is to:
- Impart a proper understanding of the core principles and unifying ideas of chemical science, supported and illustrated by a significant body of essential factual knowledge that should help students acquire a meaningful experience of chemistry to serve them adequately in their future studies.
- Provide an opportunity for learners to become properly acquainted with this important science in order for them to be able to better appraise both the opportunities and the challenges which chemistry and its products present to society at large.
The Chemistry Advanced Examination is made up of three papers (two written and one practical). The content includes:
- Atomic structure
- Electronic theory and chemical bonding
- States of Matter
- Quantity of matter
- Phase Equilibria
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Ionic Equilibria
- Redox Equilibria
- Reaction Kinetics
- Chemical Periodicity
- Inorganic chemistry
- Organic chemistry: general principles
- Chemistry of Aliphatic and Aromatic Compounds
(Matsec Syllabus Chemistry A Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here) http://www.um.edu.mt/matsec
To apply for Chemistry A Level Resit course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.