The aim of this course is to:
- Provide an insight in science and its relevance to the human condition particularly to candidates having an arts and humanities orientation.
- Develop an understanding of biological facts, principles and concepts.
- Appreciate that biological principles are applicable to everyday life experiences.
- Enable candidates to appreciate the impact of human activities on the environment.
- Help candidates develop a respect for all life forms and a respect for the uniqueness of individual organisms.
- Promote an interest in, and enjoyment of, the study of life processes and living organisms.
The Biology Intermediate Examination is made up of one paper. The content includes:
- The basic nature of life
- The chemistry of life
- Evolution and Diversity of Life
- Human Health and Physiology
- Environmental Biology
(Matsec Syllabus Biology Intermediate)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here):
To apply for the Biology Intermediate Resit course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.