2 sessions of 2 hours weekly
Courses catering for:
The aim of this course is to :
Help students understand the function of accounting as a comprehensive and systematic method of recording the daily transactions of both profit making organizations; and non profit making organizations.
Help students appreciate the importance of accounting in the appraisal of the financial position and performance of the enterprise and in the making of sound business decisions.
Provide a solid base for progression to MATSEC Intermediate and Advance level examinations in the subject.
Courses in Accounts will be in preparation for the Accounts O Level Examination, which is made up of two papers. The content includes:
- The Nature and Purpose of Accounting
- Accounting concepts and how they affect the preparation of the final accounts including balance sheet
- The principles of double entry
- The ledger
- The cash book and the petty cash book
- Books of original entry
- Accruals and Repayments
- Bad debts and provisions for doubtful debts
- Sole Trader’s Business
- Control Accounts for Debtors and Creditors
- Incomplete Records
- Departmental Accounts
- Manufacturing Account
- Non-Profit Making Organisations
- Limited Liability Companies
- Accounting Ratios
- Correction of Errors
(Matsec Syllabus Accounts O Level)
Explore the entire syllabus (topics in detail, pre-requisites, specimen paper and grade descriptors here):
To apply for the Accounts O Level course call 21227799, 21235314 or email us for more information.